• Develop proactive intervention programs that work closely with the public school systems to
prevent vulnerable children from becoming homeless youth.
• Develop diversion programs for youth that have recently become homeless, or those at imminent
risk who are living in temporary housing situations.
• Expand employment opportunities for youth through the development of apprenticeship opportunities
and mentorship programs in partnership with the New Orleans business community.
• Establish a one-stop shop that provides wraparound health, employment, education and case
management services in a safe environment for unaccompanied youth population.
• Build additional housing capacity for youth within the homeless system.
• Develop effective discharge planning to prevent youth exiting foster care or the juvenile justice
system from being discharged into homelessness.
Modified On : December 02, 2011
Type : Web Link
Downloads : 103
Viewed : 355
We need your comments to help our community flourish. Provide your Professional thoughts and opinions by commenting on what interests you.
Be sure to check our Comment Policy before participating!