• Does your program serve disadvantaged young people ages 15–25 and/or military veterans up to age 35?
• Does your program prepare participants to be successful in the 21st century workforce?
• Do your projects include significant outdoor activity and/or include ‘‘hands-on’’ direct impact that connect youth to America’s Great Outdoors?
If you answer yes to these questions, be sure to check out the July 1st, 2013 Federal Register Notice, “21st Century Conservation Service Corps Partnership Opportunity” at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-07-01/pdf/2013-15644.pdf. The 21st Century Conservation Service Corps (21CSC) National Council is requesting letters of interest from all conservation and youth corps programs that would like to be identified as a 21CSC member organization.
The 21CSC will provide service, training, education, and employment opportunities for thousands of young Americans and veterans, while protecting, restoring, and enhancing public and tribal lands and waters as well as natural, cultural, and historical resources and treasures.
Review the Federal Register Notice available at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-07-01/pdf/2013-15644.pdf to see if your organization is in alignment with the 21CSC Principles and find out how to submit a letter of interest to become a 21CSC member organization.
Many youth programs funded by the U.S. Department of Labor are designed as corps models or partner with corps programs to provide quality employment and training opportunities. Over the years, the Department has encouraged these partnerships and highlighted innovative efforts to provide youth with meaningful work experiences on public lands.
We’d like to hear from you.
• Does your organization offer service, training, education, and employment opportunities for youth on public or tribal lands or waters?
• The webinar hosted by the Department on December 6, 2011 highlighted a number of partnerships between workforce programs, corps programs and with public land management agencies. Are there other examples of these kinds of partnerships happening across the country?