February 2011 was Teen Dating Violence Prevention Month-
Our colleagues at the Administration for Children and Families provided the following resources.
Find in the followingYouth Community of Practice folder ,Teen Dating Violence Prevention, additional tools you can use to help the youth in your life have healthy relationships.
Are there strategies you have used to help your students maintain healthy relationships?
On Monday, February 7, I presented at the National Association of Workforce Boards (NAWB) annual conference. The title of my presentation was Youth: The Legacy of the Recovery Act (ARRA).
During my presentation, I shared a number of potential future focal areas for the youth workforce investment system. They included:
• Increasing the number of Youth who attain Credentials;
• Serving Youth with Disabilities;
• Leveraging Federal Partnerships and encouraging state & local partnerships;
• Emphasizing healthcare pathways: AHA Guidebook; and
• Emphasizing the importance of young people receiving work experience, summer employment, and internships.
Please let us know strategies you think are critical for meeting these priorities on the ground.