About Youth Connections
The Youth Connections Community of Practice (CoP) is an online learning destination for public workforce system staff and partners who serve youth. This Website supports Secretary Solis’ vision of “Good Jobs for Everyone” by providing a central Community for youth workforce practitioners, stakeholder partners, and others to discuss and share promising practices, access technical assistance tools, and share your own knowledge and expertise with your peers across the nation. Additionally, by participating in the Youth Connections Community you will gain specific information on training opportunities for youth and youth workforce professionals; toolkits and other resources to help you do your job better; and you’ll easily stay on top of all announcements about upcoming youth related events.
YOUR contributions and participation on this Community are welcomed and encouraged. To get started right away, please join our community! It only takes a moment to gain access to all of these great resources:
- Find Information: Finding the exact information and resources you’re looking for is easy! Navigate to our Resources page and can click on a topic or the type of resource that you’re looking for. Or, enter a search term that describes what you’re looking for in the Search box at the top of any page. Or, click on any topic on the menu bar on any page, or navigate our most popular resources and searches listed on the Home page to see what your peers are finding useful. Our resources are cross-listed in multiple ways, so they’re easy to find no matter what you’re looking for!
- Participate in Discussions and/or Community Chats: On our Discuss page you can ask questions, get answers, or share your own expertise to build and network within the youth employment field with your peers to advance their workforce programs.
- Share your own Resources. If you have important resources you want other community members to have, click on Share Your Content on the right side of our Home page.
- Find Upcoming Events: Find and register for upcoming events listed in the Calendar section.
- Be “In the Loop”: Subscribe to our site updates to receive E-mail Notifications about new discussions, expert posts, resources, or training items posted on the Community. You can choose whether you want to be notified instantly, daily, or weekly.
- Get Help: If you have questions about how to use this Community site, visit our Help page for step-by-step tutorials and videos. If you have questions and you can’t find a resource, announcement, or a discussion about it, try asking the question on the Discuss forum, or you can Contact Us and we’ll try to help.